1. In regards to recently combined carrier specific root forums, if your device forum was affected, please see this poll/thread!

US Government Just released 18 apps Today, some look pretty useful.

1. gamer83

gamer83 Member

And released it for iPhone only. When will people realize that it makes a lot of sense to release this stuff on Android off the bat? Seems that tech savvy developers now realize this, but private companies and the government still seem to be under the impression that iOS is the only platform.

Anyways, end of rant. I emailed them and asked them to port to Android. If you gus here do the same maybe we can get the ball rolling.

APPS

Advertisement
  2. 1Paladin

1Paladin Active Member

Good thing is though all of those apps are just web front ends. You can access all that information right from web sites. It would still be nice to have Android versions of course.
  3. scrubs

scrubs Well-Known Member

Some of them already (like UV index) have associated Android apps. Many of them just point to mobile friendly websites, it appears.
  4. Rob_A

Rob_A Well-Known Member

you mean there's another smart phone besides iPhone?

:p

Seriously though, do they REALLY need dedicated apps for those things? lol
  5. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ #

At the risk of sounding fringe, I think I'd have to pass on any apps that linked my phone to government servers. ;)
    Vulcan likes this.
  6. Tangent

Tangent Well-Known Member

You say that as if it isn't already linked... :D
  7. UrbanMuppet

UrbanMuppet Guest

Per request of a moderator I am no longer a contributing member. Account pending for deletion.
  8. hrbib21

hrbib21 Well-Known Member

Cool, now I can track NASA's reaching out to muslims since that's exactly what the National Aeronautical and Space Administration should be doing: FOXNews.com - NASA Chief: Next Frontier Better Relations With Muslim World

Or maybe I can help the gubment track my BMI so they can deny me services under the forthcoming "obamacare".

Those "apps" are about as worthless as government itself.

No offense to the OP, btw.
  9. Vulcan

Vulcan Well-Known Member

why need the nasa app you got google earth AND TEH INTORNETZ!!!!!
  10. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ #

Lol. I can tell you and I would get along well. :D