1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

US RC33 on UK Phone?General

1. thorny23

thorny23 Member

Hello All,

Im kinda new to all of this modding malarky, but im getting slightly fed up of waiting for the update for us in the UK, T-Mobile won't give up on anything and i'd like to take advantage of some of the new features RC33 brings us.

What i was wondering was, if i was to upgrade with the jacked US version of RC33 would it have any effects of service on the UK style phone at all??

Hope you can help
    Sam

Advertisement
    :
  2. Dharkaron

Dharkaron New Member

The main problem is the MyFaves app that the us version contains. It either uses data or is sending sms's constantly in the background. This has the potential to run up your bill.
  3. Goooooooooogle

Goooooooooogle Well-Known Member

Can't you just remove the MyFaves app?
  4. MzBlack

MzBlack Well-Known Member

I recieved the RC9 update this morning in the UK so you might as well wait as it is clearly rolling through England at the moment
  5. ChilledMatt

ChilledMatt Well-Known Member

This is BIG news around here! Post a thread announcing it.
  6. riley

riley Active Member

This is AMAZING news. I only just got my G1 yesterday aswell!

How does it work exactly will it just popup on your screen saying an update is available?
  7. deadite66

deadite66 Well-Known Member

bah! rooted my phone a fews days ago and now wish i waited.
  8. riley

riley Active Member

You better get RC8 back onto it then :p
  9. deadite66

hmm, well now its rooted i think i'll just wait until jesusfreak updates his build.
  10. Halloway

Halloway Member

Are there instructions anywhere on how to do this?
  11. MzBlack

It popped up and said there was a system update available and did I want to accept and that I wouldnt be able to make emergency calls whilst it updates
  12. deadite66

as far as i know its much the same as rooting in the first place, flash DREAIMG.NBH (RC7) then OTA update to RC8/RC9.
  13. Ageless Stranger

Ageless Stranger Well-Known Member

Is there anything added to or missing from the US update?
  14. MzBlack

All Ive noticed so far is that if you press and hold on an MMS it gives you an option to save to your SD...

There's an extra option in my settings to "check for updates"...

And when I uninstalled a game earlier it told me it had saved my information and that if I wished to download the app again I would not need to re-purchase it...

Im not even sure what changes I should be looking for, those are just the ones ive noticed :eek:
  15. Ageless Stranger

Ageless Stranger Well-Known Member

voice search on the google web search widget?

From what I heard, the google voice engine has problems with the english accent.
  16. MzBlack

I cant see any difference with the widget Im afraid or any other options on it...
  17. Halloway

Halloway Member

18. You should be able to download the update from your carrier/service providers website...