US740 is acting weird. Verizon boot logo, unable to install rom manager

1. af14np

af14np New Member

I have little experience with the android platform, only ever having had one of those cheapo android tablet knockoffs that ran version 1.6 I think. I just recieved an apex from a friend of mine a week ago and am trying to get velocity or cm7 (For ally) up and running on it (if possible?)

I tried to follow this guide to update my android version (Which I know is for the ally but I figured it would work since the ally and apex are the same besides the face). I got to step 10 just fine and dandy, and then was forced to stop because there is no ADB.bat in the Froyo.zip file.

Since then, everything has been working ok, I have even rooted it with z4root. However, I have noted that the apex will boot with the verizon anim rather than the us cellular one (because of the tools I used to update some of the software on the phone).

My main problem now is that I need to update to android 2.2 (since the update process in the tutorial there didnt actually update my version like it should have in step 9 I believe) so that I can have access to ROM manager from the market (unless someone could provide me with a version of it that works on 2.1-update 1) and be able to ultimately flash the cyanogenmod7 port for ally (if possible)

I have tried to update using the lgmobile support tool and it has failed, saying that my version is the latest when it clearly isnt.

Is there any way I could get it back to stock without using ROM manager? I feel starting from stock would be the easiest and cleanest method to achieve my ultimate goals.

I'm probably forgetting something but I thank all who reply, help is GREATLY appreciated

EDIT: Also, the home and search buttons on the face do not work at all and the menu button has had its function replaced with that of the search button.

Advertisement
    :