Usage tips for locale

Last Updated:

1. mtraina7

mtraina7 Active Member This Topic's Starter

For all of those who have Locale I'm looking for different uses the Droid Community is using. I feel like this program has such great potential that I'm not taking full advantage of. So far I'm using it for turning off wifi when the battery is below 30%, turning off volume when I'm at work (using the gps function), and turning off sound when my calendar has me in a meeting.

What about anyone else?

THANKS!!

Advertisement
  2. vincentp

vincentp Well-Known Member

I have mine change the wallpaper when I'm at work. I change my wallpaper a lot and ocassionally I will have a slightly NSFW background on there if the mood strikes. I like that it automatically adjusts this when I'm at work, because I can be forgetful and it's not something my boss would appreciate.

I turn the notification volume completely off during the hours I'm usually sleeping, but keep the ringer up. I figure if there's a late night emergency, I'll get a call, not a text.

I'm sure there are a ton of other clever things people have come up with. I haven't gotten that far into it. I basically just have Default, Sleep, Work and Low Battery profiles set up.

3. milrtime83

milrtime83 Well-Known Member

4. BobD

BobD Member

How do you get it to recognize you are in a meeting? What is the condition?

5. Medic_in_SC

Medic_in_SC Well-Known Member