USB, ability to drag and drop files with a PCSupport

Last Updated:

1. comtheo

comtheo New Member This Topic's Starter

I connect the usb to charge, but I cant drag and drop files like I did with my Instinct through Windows. Currently, I have to take the mini sd card out of the phone and put that into my computer to connect that way to add music, etc. Anyone know anything about how to drag and drop directly when connected with the usb?

Advertisement
  2. KillTeam

KillTeam Member

Enable USB debugging, then when you plug in the phone it should show usb connected in the notification window, drag that down then click on it and it will give you the option to mount the card. Mount it and then you'll be good to go.

3. akenis

akenis Well-Known Member

Also... there's a program called doubletwist for syncing music and photos.

For other types of files try synctoy from mirosoft. You can set up several profiles for syncing different folders between your pc and the sd card (which when mounted shows up as removable storage)

4. comtheo

comtheo New Member This Topic's Starter

Nope. That didnt work. When I plug it in I get an error message in the task bar that says the usb connection is not recognized.

5. KillTeam

KillTeam Member

If I remember correctly you should have to reboot the phone after turning on USB debugging.

6. chibucks

chibucks Well-Known Member

when you're connected to your pc, you should see in the notification bar the USB connected icon on your phone. click on the notification icon and onto the USB connection and then you can "mount" your SD card so that your computer can see it.

when you're mounted, then your computer will ID it as a drive.