1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

Usb audio in car 'device not supported'

1. chillibean

chillibean Well-Known Member

I have a Samsung gs3 and I am trying to connect to my car stereo via usb (Honda) but it comes up with 'device not supported' on my car stereo. I have also tried it with a nexus 4.
    Is there an app that would help or is it a lost cause.
    All I need to do is play my audio

Advertisement
  2. Harry2

Harry2 Well-Known Member

3. screenprintr

screenprintr Active Member

You can use an FM transmitter to transmit from your phone's audio jack and picks up on your stereo receiver.
  4. h4x0rj3ff

h4x0rj3ff Chemist

I believe its because tour s3 doesn't have the option for USB mass storage. I found an app a few weeks ago to enable USB mass storage but I'll have to find the link
    chillibean likes this.
  5. rab1412000

rab1412000 Active Member

You need easy ums. This will allow your stereo to recognize your phone as a usb device.
    Do note however that you will not be able to control your music via your phone. You will have to use your head unit controls to scroll thru your music, which can take a while, depending on your hu functionality.
    chillibean likes this.
  6. chillibean

chillibean Well-Known Member

Thanks everyone for your suggestions. Easy ums is the way to go but I would need to be rooted. I don't want to go down that route at the moment but your suggestions allowed me to search further than I would have been able.