• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help USB & audio out?

TheWhiteBandito

Android Enthusiast
May 2, 2010
I would like to know if it's possible to have the audio played through the usb port and into my car stereo. I have a usb port on my after market stereo and it's obviously not natively supported from the stereo, but is there a setting to play audio through usb? Thanks for your help.

Sent from my HTC Incredible

Not that your radio would understand. Its USB port is meant to stream data from a thumb drive or portable hard drive. Not to receive audio signals like the Incredible would put out.

What you can do though is set up the incredible as a USB drive and browse its songs with the aftermarket radio.

Upvote 0
Not that your radio would understand. Its USB port is meant to stream data from a thumb drive or portable hard drive. Not to receive audio signals like the Incredible would put out.

What you can do though is set up the incredible as a USB drive and browse its songs with the aftermarket radio.

Okay, that makes perfect sense, I guess I can just use the headphone jack and auxiliary port. I just wanted to know if it was possible through usb for charging purposes and audio all in one cable.

Sent from my HTC Incredible

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones