1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

Tips USB Cable Proprietary?

1. Jaums

Jaums Member

Is the cable that comes with the charger proprietary or is it the same as a regular USB cable? Can you use a regular USB cable to connect the Breakout to your computer?

Advertisement
  2. basoodler

basoodler Well-Known Member

It is the same old usb.

The drivers are hard to get installed from the phone . You have to go into file manager and find the phone. It will normally be F: drive. I had to cancel the autorun "bootstrap.exe" that the phone would try to run or the F: drive would dissappear. After you do that get into the driver folder, copy the drivers over. The 64bit windows drivers are posted in the "all things root" sub forum in the thread about the breakout rom.. I think page 2.
  3. daywalker03

daywalker03 Member

It's the same cable as my Blackberry Curve used,which means that any accessories like car chargers that are designed for that phone will work for the Breakout. There are a few different mini-USB connectors so you have to pay attention to which one the accessory has.