USB Charging IssueSupport

Last Updated:

1. Schnabe

Schnabe New Member This Topic's Starter

I have an issue where when I connect my EVO to my PC and select 'Charge Only', my PC starts charging the phone, but shortly after, it mounts the SD card as a hard drive.

I have my EVO set to prompt me when the USB cable is connected.

This is a big problem since I cannot charge my phone and listen to music at the same time.

This seems to have started occuring after I upgraded to Froyo, but I'm 100 % sure if that is the cause. I have removed any applications that I added recently to see if that is the cause, but no luck. I have also tried different PC's and the same issue.

Any ideas???:confused:

Advertisement
  2. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

This probably won't help - but I think it's always best to leave no stone unturned - check your Default connection type and Ask me under Menu -> Settings -> Connect to PC

3. Schnabe

Thanks for the tip. I had already done that, so it prompts me to select a connection type for USB. I'm really stumped. I looked at a co-worker's EVO, and he has no issues like this, and my settings match his.

4. OpusP

OpusP Member

So when I tether my evo via usb thru pdanet to the pc I have to select charge only... However it does not actually charge my phone...
    However, when connected to my new macbook pro it has no problems charging, tethering or talking all the same:)

am thinking it's possibly something with the win7 settings for the usb root hub?
    suggestions?

5. Brewmeister

Brewmeister Active Member

I think that mine was doing the same thing when I had USB Debugging enabled.

Try going to Setting -> Applications -> Development and making sure that USB Debugging isn't checked. Note: I think that you need that checked if you use PDAnet to tether, but for charging only, I suspect that you want it off.

Try that and see if it makes a difference.

6. Schnabe

Brewmeister:
    I thought that was the issue too, but disabling USB debugging didn't help either. I do have PDANet installed.

OpusP:
    I have tried another person's EVO on Win7 with no issues, and I have tried my EVO on his WindowsXP and I still have the problem. I don't think it is OS dependent. My issue is something in my phone.

I'm almost tempted to do a hard-reset, but this is the only issue I have, and I really don't want to have to re-install my apps and reconfigure my phone.

7. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

8. asdfzxcv

asdfzxcv New Member

Are you using Fresh ROM? Fresh ROM has that issue. Other ROMs don't.

Try Myn's Warm 2.2

9. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

I have never had this issue with Fresh. it could come from a bad install though.

typically I have seen this behavior after adding a sync app..like doubletwist etc.

this post is also 4 months old lol