USB connection drains battery fastSupport

Last Updated:

1. Kane337

Kane337 New Member This Topic's Starter

I got my Samsung Vibrant yesterday and like it a lot. However, I have what I thought was a faulty battery problem. The battery would not charge when hooking it up via USB to my desktop or AC.

I took the phone to the Tmobile store and they swapped out the battery for me. The battery runs fine unplugged but as soon as I plug in the USB adaptor it starts losing a % of charge every 10 secs. As soon as I unplug it the draining stops. I called the Tmobile store again and they said it may be the USB adaptor. Well, I have a spare cable. I used it and the same thing happens.

Is there something wrong with my phone? Is there a setting I need to adjust? Anyone experienced this yet?

Advertisement
  2. VegasTouch

VegasTouch Well-Known Member

Go back and tell them you want an exchange

3. dan0zone

dan0zone Well-Known Member

???? Are you saying that when you plug in the cable with nothing on the other end the battery drains, or when you use a usb adapter you get this.....? what is the adapter for...

4. Kane337

Kane337 New Member This Topic's Starter

The adapter is for charging. I want to charge the battery but it does the extreme opposite of charging. I can have the phone plugged into the PC or a wall outlet. Same thing happens. The battery drains. With nothing connected to the phone the battery holds steady.

5. wildblue

wildblue Well-Known Member

That's obviously a problem. Sounds like a HW issue in the phone, or possibly the USB cable. I'd take all the pieces to TMO and show them.

6. dan0zone

dan0zone Well-Known Member

No not the cable.. just a damaged usb port, so yes take it back...

7. buya

buya New Member

I have come across your problem, and I ate Yaba Kui