USB connection: missing "Do nothing" option?

Last Updated:

1. clanger9

clanger9 Member This Topic's Starter

Hi all,

Whenever I connect my Tattoo to a USB port, it asks if I want Disk Mode, Sync or Share Internet Connection.

I want to do none of these things - usually I just want to charge the phone! Is there a way to allow the Tattoo to do nothing by default i.e. without insisting on one of the above (and then throwing an error...)

Advertisement
  2. dark1ro

dark1ro Well-Known Member

Hi clanger9. I have the same problem, but i'm using a small trick to bypass that. From the 3 options i check the Share Internet Connection and hit cancel. But before i do that i uncheck the mobile network from options (wireless control) so it won't connect to the internet ( i use wireless internet more that the network internet, so for me , it is not a problem so i leave it unchecked all the time). Hope it helps. Cheers.

3. reuven

reuven Member

Just hit the back button and the dialog will go away.

brandmarked likes this.
  4. clanger9

Cool. "Share Internet Connection" seems the least worst option - I have mobile network unchecked, so that works for me.

Only a minor quibble; hopefully a "Do nothing" option will get added in the next firmware...

5. brandmarked

brandmarked Well-Known Member

Erm...I think Reuven has just given you the 'Do nothing' option above, which seems better than "Share internet connection" -- just hit the back button.

- Mark

6. clanger9

Not quite - I was after a "Do nothing by default" option. That isn't available (yet).

If I don't press back, it will automatically do whatever is selected (one of the three options, above).

Pressing "back" is no great hardship, though...