• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help USB connection not recognized as such

I want to load the photos from my T-Mobile (ZTE) Concord phone's SD card onto my PC using the USB connection.
But when I connect the phone to the pC using the USB cable, there is no notifcication on the phone "USB connected", and on the PC side Windows Explorer does not see the USB connection.
I brought the phone and my problem to a T-Mobile store and the sales/service rep went to the Settings/Application Settings menu on my phone and turned on "Unknown sources" (allow installation of non-Market applications) and he assured me that would resolve my USB problem.
It did not.
I've tried with SD mounted and umounted, neither setting works.
Still when I connect the phone to the PC with the USB, all it does is start charging the phone battery, still no USB connection taking place.
Please help.
Thanks.

Welcome to the forum RedLester :ciao:

"Unknown sources" has nothing to do with the usb working. Or not that I know. Thats for installing apps from places like Amazon. Do you have an option in settings for usb debugging? If so, check that box. Do you have drivers installed for the phone? I tried looking for oms but can't see anything.

Reactions: RedLester
Upvote 0
Thanks for your reply Atma. (and for the welcome).

I finally got my photo upload working. I had been using a USB device I bought, ignoring the statement "you must use the USB that came with your phone". Then (while searching though a dresser drawer for something else), I found the USB that came with the phone. As soon as I used that USB cable, my problem went away.
God bless you and yours.
Les

Reactions: Atma
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones