• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help USB Connection to laptop issues

ddredd99

May 19, 2012
Hello, I have a Samsung S3, running Liquidsmooth KK 3.2. For some reason my phone will not be recognized by my computer anymore. I reloaded the computer drivers for it as well. I am not sure if there is a setting i changed to cause this. The OTG works when plugged in as well. I can see the device in device manager when dubugging is turned on, but there is a yellow exclamation point on the icon, so I am guessing it is not a connection issue to my computer. Can anyone point me in a direction that I might look at, settings, checked or unchecked, ETC.? Thanks.

Sounds like it could be a ROM issue, but there are one or two things you can try. A different lead and then a different USB port, a main one and one definitely not connected to a hub. Failing that unistall Kies from your laptop completely and reinstall it. Run it once, shut it down completely (go into windows task manager and kill it totally, processes and all) and try again.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones