USB connection to Windows 7 PC / ComputerSupport

Last Updated:

1. TigerGirlDSM

TigerGirlDSM Member This Topic's Starter

It seems many (MANY) people are having trouble connecting their Intercepts to their computers. I've seen the question several times in every Android forum I've been to. The question has also been asked 28 times on the Samsung website under Intercept.

Changing ports/cables/drivers doesn't seem to work. Windows will recognize my phone occasionally, but not always.

I don't know if it's a Samsung issue, Intercept issue or Android issue. Google doesn't seem to offer Android support. (Please let me know if I'm wrong).

I posted a rant to Samsung describing the problem and what I've done, but I don't know if they'll respond or post it.

Does anyone have a real fix for this, or do we just need to fiddle with it forever?

Advertisement
  2. locoboy2222

locoboy2222 Member

i think i have the solotion

3. TigerGirlDSM

Return the phone?

4. TigerGirlDSM

I think I may have it. There's a driver on the Samsung website on the Global side, not the United States.

Go to Global Download Center
    Select Category = Mobile Phone
    Select Subcategory = CDMA(3G WCDMA)
    Select Model Code = SPH-M920
    Select "Find It"
    Select "Software"
    Select the File "Device(Install),USBDriver (Software) (ver.1.3.350.0)
    Download and Install.

So far, it's working like magic for me.

5. atinsley

atinsley New Member

I have mine working 100%. What I did was download the samsung moment drivers. Here is a link to the drivers.

http://www.youtube.com/redirect?q=h...=eSm4Z_zh22XxOXzyD_EUqcy4KG18MTI4ODg4OTU3OA==

I unzipped everything in the archive and went to 'Devices and Printers' in the start menu. There were 3 different devices that corresponded to my intercept and I pointed windows at the unzipped folder for each of them and it successfully installed.

Using this method I can successfully connect to my phone and transfer apps from the google app inventor.

TigerGirlDSM likes this.