• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help USB connectivity

Lozer_Kid

Android Enthusiast
Apr 2, 2010
Kansas, USA
http
Hello everyone! I got a Samsung Moment about 3 weeks ago and I really don't do much to it, but today I wanted to transfer a file via bluetooth to my phone from my computer and it paired with the phone but it won't transfer it. For some reason, my computer was saying that the phone wouldn't accept those kind of files. So, I tried to do it the old fashion way, which is using the USB cable, but when I connect the phone to my computer, the computer won't recognize it. It charges the phone, but won't show the drive. Any suggestions on this? Btw, I use a Mac computer. I wonder if it's a Mac issue or just my phone or every one's Moments in general? :thinking:

1. Restart your Android phone. (This step may be skipped by some users; others will find the computer doesn’t recognize the phone’s SD card without a restart of the phone.)
  2. Plug your USB cord that came with the phone to the phone, and connect to the Mac.
  3. Go to Settings > Applications > Development on your phone and click on USB Debugging.
  4. Drag down the notifications window and click on USB Connection. Click on Mount.
  5. Now you’ll see the drive “No Name” on your desktop. You can now copy files to/from your SD drive.
Be sure to eject the disk from your Mac when you are done using it, then unmount via the phone’s notifications dialog.

Upvote 0
I dont think the moment is capable to file pushing through bluetooth yet (1.5 android software)

For the usb try unmounting the SD card, turn off the phone and remove the SD card, then put it back in and restart. When the phone turns on turn on the "USB Debugging" option in the Applications->Developement menu. And try again, tell us how it goes

Upvote 0
Thanks much to both of you! Now I got it work without having to restart my phone and following the instructions that were posted above! :D

@globalninja, I wasn't aware that bluetooth wasn't capable to transfer files. When I first got my phone, I used bluetooth to send some contacts from my old phone to the Moment, so I assumed that bluetooth would work pretty much for everything, I mean, as far transfering files lol

Upvote 0
Thanks much to both of you! Now I got it work without having to restart my phone and following the instructions that were posted above! :D

@globalninja, I wasn't aware that bluetooth wasn't capable to transfer files. When I first got my phone, I used bluetooth to send some contacts from my old phone to the Moment, so I assumed that bluetooth would work pretty much for everything, I mean, as far transfering files lol

ah alright, sorry. I haven't been able to get bluetooth to work at all for me. So i was just assuming that you were having the same problem.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones