USB connexion does not completeSupport

1. mll

mll Well-Known Member

Hello everyone,

I want to install Arkas 1.7 on my galaxy 551. So I started Odin, but it didn't recognise the phone. And indeed, when I plug it on the USB port of my PC, I hear the typical Windows bell, but it's not listend on the USB connexions, although my 551 soes display the USB logo on top of its screen.

FWIW, if I allow the USB storage mode (to access my SD card directly from my PC), this does work.

I did connect the PC do my 551 months ago, so I don't know why I have troubles now.

Does anyone have ideas ?

Advertisement
    :
  2. karandpr

karandpr Well-Known Member

Try it on other USB port ?
    try removing battery and go in download mode again ?(Q+power ;A+ Power for AZERTY)

Odin has delete driver feature.
    Check Debug only box and there is a "Delete driver " option available in execution window to the left of "Start"
    Delete driver and connect the phone again in Download mode .
    It may work .
  3. mll

mll Well-Known Member

hey karand, glad to see you're still around ! :)
    Tried it -> doesn't fix the problem
    This did make windows intall some samsung driver. Now what ? Can I reflash the phoone ?

4. karandpr

Yeah probably .
    does it detect yellow in COM port ?
    I think msm 7227 and Odin driver will be installed .
  5. mll

mll Well-Known Member

thanks karand. you were right as usual : in dowload mode, odin saw my phone and I could flash it.

one of the reasons I reflashed it was that I wanted the bluetooth to at last work. alas, it doesn't :((
  6. karandpr

Which is strange ...Bluetooth should work :eek:
  7. mll

mll Well-Known Member

Well, it doesn't get recognized py my PC... I'll try to link the phone to a bluetooth earphone...
  8. mll

mll Well-Known Member

Well, the phone doesn't even detect the earphone. :((
  9. karandpr

Ouch .Sad .It should work IMO .I had tested it with my older Phone .