USB cord barely stays in the portSupport

Last Updated:

1. Elektrisk564

Elektrisk564 Member This Topic's Starter

hi.
    Does anyone have the problem of their captivate USB cord barely staying connected on the phone's side? The sliding 'door' is all the way open but it seems like it barely is connected, and the slightest movement makes it fall out.

Advertisement
  2. nybmx

nybmx Well-Known Member

I know you said the door was all the way open but did you hear a click when it slid all the way? If not it might not be all the way open. If that is not it then I don't know.

3. peterpp

peterpp Well-Known Member

Yes the door should slide all the way open with a click.

4. wjkrysak

wjkrysak Active Member

Yep, the "click" did it for me. Much better connection. cheaha bill

5. lilbluu

lilbluu Member

I've notice my connection between the cord and phone has been becoming a lot more loose than before. It'll slip out if i talk on the phone while its charging. I dunno what happened but I know for sure its "clicked" open.

6. Abby6497

Abby6497 Active Member

Do you have a case on your phone? I have a hard shell case on mine and i have to remove the top portion when i am charging it in my car. I have one of those new mini usb chargers. But if you have a case you may need to remove it when charging it.

7. Endoran

Endoran Well-Known Member

I've noticed this too. Thought maybe it was my imagination. I don't do much of anything while it's charging though. I'm scared of the extra heat it generates as it already gets warm while just charging. And heat kills lithium-ion batteries...true OEM replacements are very cheap...but that heat can't be good for anything else regardless.

I do have a case but it in no way interferes with the micro usb cable.

8. artvandalay22222

artvandalay22222 Well-Known Member

One tip, get the charger+2 batteries combo from ebay. Its like 11 bucks, but when your battery is low, you just swap it out. No plugging phone in, and no waiting for it to charge. Plus you can take an extra battery with you.