USB cover?General

Last Updated:

1. Jcol

Jcol Active Member This Topic's Starter

Hi, just wondering if anyone else has had the small usb port cover separate from the phone. Mine did yesterday. It's held in place by a small plastic tab which has a barbed end which should keep it attached. I guess with all the charging that this phone requires this little cover gets moved and twisted alot. It will still go back in place but I'm afraid that at some point it will separate and I'll lose it. My old HTS had a much more rubbery cover that always stayed attached to the phone.

Advertisement
  2. X10iUser

X10iUser Well-Known Member

3. CuBz

CuBz Well-Known Member

Mine is also still intact, and my previous phone, Nokia 5800, had a USB flap cover, and it stayed on for 2 years

4. sushidushi

sushidushi Member

The cover on mine has fallen off a couple of times, but I got it back on using a cocktail stick, patience and a little profanity.

The Nokia 5800 (I has one too) has a separate hole for charging, so the USB cover gets a lot less use.

5. The jinkster

The jinkster New Member

:cool:
    Hello...

This happened to me literally minutes ago... however i do have a solution :)

A used a dart ( or small pointy object eg needle ) and pushed it in.
    1) Place one side of the barb into the hole it came from
    2) Use a dart ( or needle ) and gentle and carefully push the other barb down into the hole
    3) it should eventually click back in place if you you are careful and gentle!

I flicked the cap up and clicked it back in and it is still in place.

Hope you found this useful :) Jinkster

6. Carpe Nocturnal

Carpe Nocturnal Well-Known Member

I replaced my USB cover yesterday after it had fallen off. I bought two on Amazon for $1.50 each...All it took was a small watch repair screw driver to remove the cover that keeps the USB cover rubber tail attached, it took all of 3 minutes....