"USB Debugging, "Charging Only," etc. no longer displaying in my notification bar??Support

Last Updated:

1. Sprockethead

Sprockethead Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

What did I do? What should I do?

Is there a setting somewhere that I flipped? Or has my perfect setup gone awry?

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Advertisement
  2. jamesdean

jamesdean Well-Known Member

Are other notifications showing?

3. IOWA

IOWA Mr. Logic Pants Moderator

Na, just reboot and it'll be fine.

4. sikclown

sikclown Well-Known Member

Go to Menu then Settings then Connect to PC and make sure Ask Me is checked off

EarlyMon likes this.
  5. Tyzing

Tyzing Active Member

Sikclown FTW...

6. Sprockethead

Thanks for the answers. It is working for me at work now, which means that I either had a bad cord at home, or I just needed to restart the thing. One of the two.

7. KennethQ

KennethQ New Member

I am also having this problem.When I hook my Android up to my Laptop via the USB cable,it charges but that is all nothing pops up on the screen-its very frustrating and I would appreciate if someone could walk me through resolving this please as I am not too internet savy-thanks

8. Sprockethead

Pull the battery out and put it back in. If that doesn't fix it, then I believe you have a bad USB cord. Try a new one, if possible.

KennethQ likes this.
  9. KennethQ

KennethQ New Member

Still no joy!Aggggggh!!The USB cable seems to be working OK,I have downloaded the files needed to recognise the cell phone but still it will not sync.Why?????Please please help,this phone is useless to me otherwise

10. IrishPilot

IrishPilot Well-Known Member

I am having this exact issue today. Just started, and none of the above has resolved it.

11. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

this makes about 10 people I have seen this from in less than a week. scary.

hope it doesn't happen to me, and I hope we can find resolution for you guys

12. IrishPilot

Went to my local sprint store to have it looked at. They suggested a reformat, which I gave a shot (even though I was extremely hesitant). So now here I sit with an EVO with none of the apps etc that I had and a default layout.

I shudder to think of all the time lost that I had put into my phone (layout etc.) Now to figure out how to get my payware apps back on. Hopefully when I head back to the store they either fix or replace it. :(

13. IrishPilot

For those who may stumble on this thread, my problem turned out to be a bad USB jack on the phone. Im now on Evo #2.

EarlyMon likes this.
  14. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

thank you for updating us. mine was doing this yesterday but went away today. very odd. i will watch it closely

15. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

OK, too little and too late for some, maybe in time for others - don't ever lose your stuff with a naked reboot.

http://androidforums.com/evo-4g-support-troubleshooting/141369-how-fix-froyo.html

And yes, it's an older thread - but - things still get tangled in updates, they always will until they change their update strategy, and bookmarking that thread is a good idea - or - just look for its link in the sticky thread at the top of this sub-forum.

When your phone gets really loopy after one, and working things stop working, try the advice in that thread: backup / reset / restore+check your new config.

16. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

Early..it does nothing to fix this issue (at least in my case id didn't) I had the same thought...this issue is very similar and comes after a recent OTA but I HAVE NOT performed the update. I worry it may actually be something wrong with the cable (I have 4 so you know what I will be trying tonight) or the port.

I have noticed that the issue only occurs on my phone when in the car. When I hook up to a pc (different cable btw) I can still get to the menu to choose connection type...but when I am in the car it automatically changes to usb connection. all sd card content is blocked off :mad:

EarlyMon likes this.
  17. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

update...

it isn't the cable. confirmed it only happens in the car. the phone goes into usb mode and the sd card is not accessible

new market keeps reinstalling itself

when connected to power in either of our cars, with any of my multiple usb cables the phone goes into usb mode, can not change it, and nothing on the sd card is accessible :(

it appears that this only occurs when in the car. when connected to a computer I still have the option to change the connection mode.

I didn't start having the issue until the new market installed. I un install market updates and I can see my sd storage music etc then by the time I start to play a song the new market is there again and sd storage is unavailable :(

it's done this on any kernel/rom I try.

I am thinking it's either an issue associated to the new version of the market...or a bad usb port

18. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

Appears that the app "doubletwist" was activating usb mode in my case. Uninstalled doubletwist and everything is working as it should again.

EarlyMon likes this.