USB device not recognized by windows

1. Jenna918

Jenna918 New Member

Hey! So, I've had my Samsung Galaxy S2 for about 6 months. Since I've gotten it, I've been able to plug the USB into my computer (Acer Aspire 5741, 64-bit), turn mass storage on, and away I go. Today though, I went to plug my phone into my laptop and it said something like "USB device not recognized by Windows". I've got the latest version of Kies as well, so that's not the issue. any ideas or advice? Ps.. I'm pretty tech-slow, so try to keep things simple and step-by-step. Thanks!

Ps... Yes. I have tried turning it off and on again :p

Advertisement
  2. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum Moderator

Did you update anything recently? Many times it's just a matter of trying a different USB port or cable. Samsung phones are VERY fussy when it comes to cables.
  3. Jenna918

Jenna918 New Member

I've tried every port on my computer. Every time it says "one of the USB devices connected to your computer has malfunctioned and Windows cannot recognize it"
  4. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor Guide

Try updating the drivers via Kies. Open the program. It should be under tools.
  5. argedion

argedion The TechnoFrog Moderator

have you tried different cable?
  6. jefboyardee

jefboyardee Well-Known Member

+1 that. It happened to me and took me forever to figure it out.
  7. Clementine_3

Clementine_3 Well-Known Member

Oddly enough, my sister has an Acer and couldn't connect her phone yesterday. She went and got a new cable but still couldn't get it to recognize the phone, she was getting the same type error messages. Not sure if she got it working or not, strange though.