• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

USB Devices

Simperheve

Lurker
Jan 3, 2013
Greetings!

I recently bought myself an android tablet, and i have been trying to connect my USB keyboard to it. Whenever i plug it in, the tablet doesn't even acknowledge the device is there! I don't even get a message to tell me the usb device isn't recognised. I have tried many usb devices, and none of them seem to work.

However, this micro usb port is the only usb port on the tablet, and is the same one used to charge the tablet, and that works absolutely fine.

If anyone could let me know what i need to do, that would be a big help!

I doubt the usb keyboard will work. But definitely try it. Bluetooth rocketfish works like a charm tho. U dont even haft to select input method. Just start using it and phones like ohhhh ok. Stop using it for a while or walk far enuff away and ur trusty onscreen keyboard is back. [Or turn off the bluetooth keyboard]

With otg cable memory stick will work

Another way to check is in mmt if ur rooted u shoyld see sdcard0, extsd card and various usb folders

Showing u how many devices u can connect via an OTG hub

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones