• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

USB dongle trouble....

Hi guys,

I am having troubles with usb dongle. Sometimes, when I connect it to my tablet it isn't recognized and nothing happens.

Normally, when I connect it to the tablet, status bar shows an icon and I am introduced to a login screen where I have to input my pin. But sometimes nothing happens as if I didn't insert it at all.

Only solution is to reboot a tablet......

Pipo M8 HD tablet
Android 4.2.2
Huawei dongle

Edit: I just tried connecting USB storage and nothing happened. It looks like OS isn't checking USB devices at all. What process should I stop/start?

thx

Dongle for what?
I have PC programs that require you to use a dongle and they can be a pain.

I have a usb port on my Acer, and just plug in a regular USB drive. Nothing required.
I delete all the extra stuff on a new USB in the computer before using.

If it's for wifi, you might need to ask your carrier.

Upvote 0
Thank you for your reply.

It is LTE dongle for internet access.

I did some testing in it looks like this is going on.

If there is USB device plugged in and in use when tablet goes to standby, sometimes it 'loses' the device when I log back in.

It looks like it isn't the problem with dongle because it just happened with USB storage, too. I just assumed it was dongle related because I use it the most.

How can I force Android to check USB port?

Upvote 0
I just had that with a Nook. Trying to send a book to the sdcard. The whole shebang crapped out in the middle. Went to charge the Nook, and the charge light didn't go on.
Something just plain buggered the cord.

I don't know how to check, if you got the tab from a carrier or store ask. Otherwise you might have to ask the MFG.

One thing you could try - support the end of the cord by the usb plug and don't move the device or cord. If it stays on then, something is loose.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones