USB Drivers for Motorola Droid

Last Updated:

1. mark.veyette

mark.veyette New Member This Topic's Starter

Has anyone made any progress building some drivers for the Droid or know where to start? I'm interested in creating a very simple driver for turning the Droid into an EKG.

You can get host mode on the droid using the hack here.

Advertisement
  2. get quad

get quad Banned

If this can be done with hardware, only a matter of time before a software hack enables this functionality. Awesome! Can't wait for someone to mfr a 'droid dock' where the dock itself is a larger keyboard. Adding external mouse functionality would also be cool, but I have no idea if Android OS would support it by default, likely more software needed.

Bottom line, I want to play quake 3 properly on my droid!! ;)

3. mark.veyette

Does anybody know where to even get started?

4. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

Not I, but I know that on DF and AD forums there has been a lot of talk about development of specialty functions for the DROID. I'll look around more to see if there is any other information regarding this specific issue.

The other thing I want is the enabling of the FM radio that is built in to the chip that we're using for wireless....

5. mark.veyette

So adq got a patch out for usb host+function mode here. However, I know he's been working with the MSM7201 chipset and I'm not sure if the patch is chipset specific. I've talked to him before about drivers and he said for my project I should look at the usb to serial group. Serial would provide everything I need, however I was hoping for something a little more universal that will work on later phones, specifically the Droid, and would cost less for the hardware (usb to 2.8 breakout boards are not cheap).