USB Drivers

Last Updated:

1. joe_news

joe_news Member This Topic's Starter

Since I rooted to Radioactive Froyo 1.8.22 I've not been able to get my phone to connect to my PC. I tried uninstalling the programs I used to flash, [including deleting the registry files] and even re-downloaded the samsung update program, ran it to the point where it installs the drivers, and it then quit, and it still will not work. I don't know what to try next, can anyone help me >_<)

Thanks,
    Joe_news

Advertisement
  2. dntesinfrno

dntesinfrno Well-Known Member

3. ruinx

ruinx New Member

I am having the same usb issues:( I have tried to do what is suggested but no dice any more ideas?? btw I had this issue when I was using froyo and i did a wipe to stock now i have TiX

4. joe_news

Yeah that program doesn't work for me, I select 'uninstall' and click yes when selecting a driver, and it doesn't do anything... so I found a good guide online to figure it out myself by doing it within Windows. Good to know anyways if you have any future driver problems with any device.

http://www.petri.co.il/removing-old-drivers-from-vista-and-windows7.htm#

ill update you all in a few minutes to see if this solves it.

... Nope, after clearing EVERYTHING, I ran the Samsung updater program, got it to install drivers, but it still fails when I plug in my rooted phone. *sigh* This is LAME.

5. ruinx

ruinx New Member

I got the fix. settings--applications--development---uncheck usb debug. reinstall drivers

joe_news likes this.
  6. joe_news

haha. Ahhh, the joys of being a noob

Thanks dude