USB fast charging cableAccessories

Last Updated:

1. jonnathan82

jonnathan82 New Member

I often charge my phone on USB at work and get very frustrated at how long it takes.
    I saw this cable "Micro USB Ultra Fast Android Smartphone Charging Cable"
    advertised claiming to be able to charge much faster from USB using 2 USB ports simultaneously. I was wondering if anyone had any experience of such a cable and knew whether it was any good?
    It makes some very impressive claims and says it has been tested on a Desire?

It was on Ebay in the UK I can't post a link because I'm a noob to the forum.

2. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

Basically, an electrical socket charger gives out about 1000 mA where a USB is around 500, so harnessing 2xusb ports theoreitcally can double it to the same as using an AC charger....
  3. speedycolzalez

speedycolzalez Well-Known Member

Found a link if anyone's interested.

Seems like a good idea. Shame they don't make one that switchable between data and charging. Otherwise its yet another cable in the rucksack.

Let us know how you get on.
  4. Harry2

Harry2 Well-Known Member

With such a Y-cable double USB current (1000mA) is available.

But the phone will control its own charging, either slow charging with USB (500mA) or fast charging with double USB (1000mA).
    And for to decide for fast charging the phone needs to "see" a coding in that Y-cable's microUSB connector.

So you'll have to know whether the Y-cable has such a coded microUSB connector :)