USB Freeze

Last Updated:

1. keerf

keerf Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hi All,

I'm getting a weird problem. I'm transferring files from my computer to my droid. Now I think it may be my computer that is causing the main issue here. The transfer will just freeze in the middle of something and I have to reboot my computer to get a USB mount option back on my phone.

Last time though the freeze got so bad that I couldn't get my phone to actually power off. So I had to remove the battery while it was powered on. Does this sound like a phone issue that I should bring back to verizon? Or more a computer issue.

Thanks all.

Advertisement
  2. square

square Well-Known Member

had this happen once. i assumed it was my shitty hp's fault...it hasn't happened with my mac.

3. vincentp

vincentp Well-Known Member

The best way to diagnose that is to try it with another computer. If it works, the PC is the culprit. If it doesn't work, it's the phone. Chances are it's the computer's fault, not the phone's.

4. keerf

keerf Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks all for the replies. My other question is, removing the battery while the phone is on. That going to hurt anything if it is stuck on "powering off"? I just want to make sure I'm not screwing up the filesystem or the OS of the phone.

5. vincentp

vincentp Well-Known Member

It's probably not a good idea. If the phone worked fine when you turned it back on then lucky you, but there's always the chance you could corrupt the contents of the SD card if it's in the middle of a transfer.