• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help USB & General Phone Issues

WillKruse

Lurker
Jun 27, 2010
So my problem is that sometime mounting the SD card does not work.

I have the stock mSD card and have never removed it. My problem is that sometimes when I "mount" the card to the computer it doesn't actually mount and I can't access it from windows(I use XP), additionally when I try to play a music file from the phone's player it will play while the card is "mounted". To me, this says that the issue is with the phone not properly mounting because I know when the card is mounted you can't access files on the mSD card. Anyone have this problem and fixed it? My only known fix is to power on and off the phone which leads me to my next issue. The phone will power off regularly but will not power back on unless I remove the battery and put it back in. This is a PITA as I have a not so easily removed case... My phone is NOT rooted and I haven't tampered with any custom ROMs or anything like that.

Any ideas or suggestions????

Thanks

Try and power the phone back on when it is NOT plugged in. For whatever reason, the Evo doesn't like powering up when plugged in with cheap usb cables (I haven't had the problem with the USB cable that came with the phone).

Go to SETTINGS>SD & PHONE STORAGE>UNMOUNT SD CARD. Then power off your phone, remove the battery, remove the SD card, put the SD card back in, put the battery back in, and powerup.

That should fix your problem.

Reactions: WillKruse
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones