• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help USB HDD + Flytouch 2 = ?

Hey guys

I love my flytouch 2, its essentually replaced my main computer when doing uni assessments and general tasks. However i have hit a slight snag and im not sure what to do.

I bought a 500gb USB HDD the other day and i want to use it with the tablet to store all of my docs, book, tutorials ect on rather then keep them on my main pc. However when i plug the HDD in it keeps says the device is damaged and needs to be reformated.

I realised this was becuase the drive was NTFS a big android no no. So i used a program called swiss knife to force it into a fat32 form. Once i did this i tried again but it said that it was still damaged and needed to be formated so i click the format buton but nothing happened.

The drive is running as i can feel it hum inside the enclosure. So i was just wondering how i could get it to work for me?

Thank you very much for your time

Jack

Hi all, i'm new here and new to flytouch 3 too...just wanna share some of my tries...i've connected my 40GB IDE hdd to the usb without problem playing HD movies. Also i've tried connecting to my Toshiba 2GB thumbdrive and Kingmax 8GB thumbdrive playing some naruto movie (roughly 100-250mb file). Also i've tried connecting to my Flashtron USB2.0 card reader without problem but i've only tried with my old 128MB MMC card coz don't have other card for test.

Future test will be SD,SDHC,CF and etc. My objective is to actually transfer my photos or video from my Sony camera (SDHC) to a hdd while i travel.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones