usb helpSupport

Last Updated:

1. honugirl

honugirl Active Member This Topic's Starter

well i was able to transfer files and open up my sd card when connected usb to pc and mac. but now it will not even propmt up . not even when i go into my computer. it shows ther is a removable disk . but will not let me open up. is it due to the ota update it did or is is it just me. was wondering if anyone else is having this problem. thanks:confused:

Advertisement
  2. tipofico

tipofico Member

It sounds a bit crazy but just try a new USB cable. It worked for me. I am evne having to switch back to the original cable sometimes which works again sometimes. A usb hub may be causing problems but it seems to me to be as erratic with or without the hub. also, try staying with the original usb port that you sued when it worked and just change the usb cable.

3. honugirl

:)thanks ill try that

4. ballerchris6998

ballerchris6998 Member

Same thing happened to me I also use a mac while plugged in to your mac even if it does not recognize your phone just simply turn off your phone andturn it back on that should work

5. drustvold

drustvold Well-Known Member

Hey guys, you may not know this but there is a setting for the SD card that enables/disables it to act as a USB storage divice.

To check click Menu>Settings>SD Card & Phone Storage

Make sure the "Use for USB storage" is checked. If not, check the box, and see if your computer can view the device now.

If that dosn't work, click on unmount/eject SD cad, remove then replace the card and try again.

6. honugirl

im missing the usb function in settings on sd card/storage what do i do:eek::confused:

7. drustvold

drustvold Well-Known Member

Huh, well thats very strange. I'm at a loss as to what could be the problem.

I think the best corse of action would be to take it in to a T-Mobile store and see if they can help you in person.

Because if its really not there, then you have a defect with either the software or hardware (aka your phone is teh broke'n :( ).