USB hook to TV?Support

1. Rdes69

Rdes69 New Member

The guy that sold me the SF swears you can hook it to a TV via USB, is this true? I had the D1 for 29 days and was ready to get the X, that you CAN hook to a HDMI TV (got the SF instead). If I can, my thought was sling box to phone to TV via usb. Deer hunting, no channels, and Buckeye cable already, no dish. Thanks in advance.

Advertisement
    :
  2. Rdes69

Rdes69 New Member

Nobody? I will admit I am new to these smart phones. I don't know anything about them, just wondering if he was feeding me a line of s#!t.
  3. mastamoon

mastamoon Member

I think basically it will act as a USB storage device on your tv. My sony LCD can play movies/pictures/music from a usb thumb drive natively. So yeah It might work.. but I dont think its what you think.
  4. Gibbyson

Gibbyson Well-Known Member

They make a USB to HDMI cable for the Galaxy S. They sell it on the sammy site.

Edit: Whoops, just read somewhere that these won't work on U.S. Galaxy S phones. They do exist and work on the international version i guess.
  5. Eris_2.1_2010

Eris_2.1_2010 Well-Known Member

I hope the usb to hdmi cable works plus the tv out thru the headset jack.
  6. summerfish

summerfish Well-Known Member

The Galaxy S Phones are known for having the TV Out from the 3.5mm jack. IF it's available sometime on the Fascinate, it would be through that. For now we only have DLNA to stream to your DLNA compatible T.
  7. Eris_2.1_2010

Eris_2.1_2010 Well-Known Member

You say DLNA is that thru usb?
  8. summerfish

summerfish Well-Known Member

9. markdmac

markdmac Well-Known Member

I have a SlingBox connected to my TiVo. I purchased the mobile application for my Android and love it. No lag and I can watch my TV on my phone anytime I want.
  10. ludionis

ludionis New Member

I bought a 3.5 to RCA cable from Ebay, the Red and Yellow are reversed on Samsung products according to packaging, but I can affirm it does not work at all, for now. Of course, my car dock and desk mount have audio ports that won't even work until 2.2 Froyo is released, per *their* packaging, so I'm hoping with 2.2, will get the video out as well!!
  11. Cuda52774

Cuda52774 Active Member

Isn't there an app that comes on the Fascinate called "Allshare" that has something to do with TV streaming? I just read something about it in the User's Manual pdf. Give that a look.

Cuda