USB Host drivers + USB webcam = Front Facing Camera?General

Last Updated:

1. mike95465

mike95465 Member This Topic's Starter

Browsing the internets today, I stumbled across Sven Killig's website. Apparently he has written his own USB host drivers for the Nexus One. This would allow the device to act as a USB host (obviously).

Nexus One USB host driver

My thinking is that if we modified this to work with the incredible and used one of those incredibly small usb webcams they got out there we could have our front facing cameras. Only plugging it in when we needed it.

I emailed Sven about it this morning and he said this would definitely be possible with his drivers. Fring would work as long as it supports Video4Linux.

Any thoughts?

Advertisement
  2. NoShftShck16

NoShftShck16 Well-Known Member

+1

I love Fring and have found it very useful, i usually use the video for a "let me show you how to do this" type of deal. Also, next concert I go to, that is how I am going to brag to my friends and show them the concert

This makes wish I could quit my job for like...1 month and teach myself how to program

3. yojoe600

yojoe600 Well-Known Member

i want this bc i could do this with my omnia

4. NoShftShck16

NoShftShck16 Well-Known Member

So I'm beginning to realize more and more than people who know what they are doing with phones got the Omnia...makes me a little proud about that poor abandoned phone