• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help USB Issues..Not Driver Related

Uncle Bobo

Lurker
Apr 4, 2010
My PC has been losing functionality of ALL USB ports when I try to plug in my moment and turn it on... The newer drivers worked for a while and I could just plug in the phone and get the USB Notification, but it stopped working... So I started plugging in the phone and then restarting the phone... Now it just seems to disable my USB Controller... :mad:
Anyone have this issue before?

are you using a usb port on the motherboard? not a card or usb hub and not a front usb port?

the reason i ask is i've seen computers shut off usb ports when there is a "power surge" when there isn't enough power to run a device it will shut off the ports.

That sounds about right.

Also, how much power are you pulling from USB with other devices?

Upvote 0
I was running 2 Externals HDDs but since I have been using the PC to copy files over, I have unplugged the external Hub and only use the On Board ports and the 2 front ports... I had a Trackball Mouse and a wireless keyboard using a total of 2 ports when I used the front port for the Moment.... It just seems kind of odd that this just started when I got the Moment.... I was just wondering if anyone else had an issue like this... I like the phone but this is my second one and it keeps switching into Roaming going from 4 bars to nothing intermittantly... I might wanna go to Sprint this weekend and return it for a new one... Gotta do it before my 30 days are up tho.... Thanx for the help, folks... I think its just me plugging and unplugging a peripheral that is causing my USB issues... Just wanted to see if anyone else is having this particular issue...

Upvote 0
My Moment always triggers the "This USB device can perform faster if you connect it to a Hi-Speed USB 2.0 port." no matter which of my computers I connect it to, all running Windows XP Pro. Data transfers are noticeably slower compared to any other USB device I own including my previous Sanyo and Motorola phones, my digital camera, several different flash drives and 2 different mp3 players. I tried to update my Moment from 1.5 to 2.1 via USB but the computer never recognized the phone was plugged in during the update process, so I had to take it to Sprint to get the update. I'm going to try "rooting" the phone but if I have the same problem as when I tried the Android update I'll be stuck with the stock OS until I have the money to get another phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones