usb keyboard and mouseTips

1. h4x0rj3ff

h4x0rj3ff Chemist

i have an adapter (micro usb to female usb) comming in the mail i picked up on amazon for $0.70 without shipping. (eForCity USB 2.0 A to Micro B Female / Male Adaptor if anyones intersted) will a usb mouse and keyboard work with the n7? i have an old Epad with a usb port that works with a usb keyboard so i was wondering if this does.

Advertisement
    :
  2. halibaitor

halibaitor Member

You are in luck, or should be. That item is mis-labeled. It shouldn't be an OTG connector, since it isn't mentioned in the specs. I happened to order that adapter since I needed a straight through adapter. It is however, an OTG adapter. Bad for me, good for you. Your mouse and keyboard should work.

Interesting that the seller doesn't seem to know the difference. (or even care)
  3. Eris1981

Eris1981 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

I picked up a bluetooth keyboard case and this Targus mouse... works great. I also have a smaller case if I don't want to lug the keyboard around.
  4. h4x0rj3ff

h4x0rj3ff Chemist

Read a little on otg cables not really sure what it is but I know it should work with a thumb drive. If you odered this item too did it take a long time for you to receive it? I ask because amazon has my delivery date like 2weeks out and that seems like a longer time to wait...
  5. Eris1981

I paid a little more and bought this one from Samsung

Amazon.com: Samsung Micro USB to USB Adapter: Cell Phones & Accessories

I rooted so I could have read/write access to the thumb drives and sd cards rather than just read access.
  6. h4x0rj3ff

h4x0rj3ff Chemist

7. Eris1981

It was the only reason I did other than Titanium backup, and TiB wasn't reason enough for me.
  8. Pandemonium2K7

Pandemonium2K7 Well-Known Member

What is all that going on there what your mouse is plugged into?
  9. Teknologic

Teknologic Well-Known Member

I'm guessing that's just a standard usb hub so he can plug in multiple devices at once.