USB Mass drive problemSupport

1. Specyfik

Specyfik Member

Hello i've just found a problem with my htc one x usb mass drive support,every time i try to connect it to my samsung tv it does not recognize my phone storage so i can't play music,videos etc through my mobile on the tv,haven't got that problem with htc desire hd,anyone got something about it?Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! VIP Member

If you've updated to JellyBean, I don't believe you'll be able to unfortunately. The option to mount as mass storage has been removed in 4.1 and above.
  3. Specyfik

Specyfik Member

Right, only with custom roms pissible.this is strange anyway what is the big idea...
  4. El Presidente

It's a Google thing, no idea why they decided to change things :(
  5. stuboy66

stuboy66 New Member

This was driving me nuts last night. I wonder if it's designed to force you to buy the HTC media link? What bugs me the most is that I can't get my photos onto my computer.
  6. El Presidente

It's something Google implemented with 4.1 and above and outwith HTC's control.

When connecting to the PC, you need to give it a bit of time to install the drivers (some folk have reported it can take up to 10 mins), but you should be given the option to mount it as a media storage device allowing you to transfer your pics etc.

Failing that, you can look at apps like Airdroid or MyPhoneExplorer to transfer wirelessly.