• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help USB Mass Storage... Mac OS X

kentl901

May 10, 2010
Hey all,

I'm having a hard time getting the SD card to mount. I only see the Motorola DVD icon mounting. No matter what mode I put, the SD isnt mounting. I still have access to the card on my phone (which means that it's not mounting).

I've done battery pulls and changing the USB link mode... PC Mode, etc. No luck.

Any other ideas?

I'm running the Latest OTA update rooted w/ Z4.

Thanks!

I too have a mac. I'll tell you the exact steps I take and maybe it'll help you.
Plug the droid into the mac via USB-(have you tried a different USB port on your computer yet?)
Once the X is plugged in, you should see the DVD icon on the screen, and your phone should notify you there is a usb connection. So on your phone, drag down the notifications, click on the USB notification to enter that menu, and choose "USB mass storage". Click okay. After choosing that option, You should see the Droid X drive pop up on your desktop, named: "NO NAME".

If you've done all that and are still getting nothing. Power down your computer and reboot it, and power down your phone, take out the battery and pull out the SD card, then put it back in, just to make sure it is fully seated. Reboot the phone and try again.

I believe I once had a similar issue and powering down the phone and computer and trying again fixed it for me. I haven't had a problem since. Good luck

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones