USB mass storage on 4.0.4.General

1. stchman

stchman Active Member

Hello all.

My Galaxy S2 got upgraded to ICS and now I can't use my phone on Linux or Mac. How can one get this functionality?

Thanks.

Advertisement
    :
  2. jjngundam

jjngundam Member

You can go to XDA Developer, they are currently working on a app for rooted phone to have the USB mass storage put back. If you are rooted, you should get the phantom ROM. It have the Mass storage installed and it is ICS based.
  3. stchman

stchman Active Member

I would figure that the community would be able to eventually fix Google's stupidity for removing UMS.
  4. Tesselator

Tesselator New Member

5. stchman

stchman Active Member

6. regression

regression Well-Known Member

In a video qbking77 did on the leaked FI03 building, there is an option to switch between us storage and mtp (or whatever the new one is called). So, once that gets released (or a later build), we should be good on that point.
  7. Sea Devil

Sea Devil New Member

For the moment, you are SOL with 4.0.4 and USB storage, be it PTP, MTP, or UMS. I may have to get another phone (presumably an iPhone), regardless of cost, as a result of this; the inability to transfer files when not on a wireless network seriously endangers my livelihood.
  8. twilighter

twilighter Well-Known Member

Was having the same problem. Did a factory reset and then had to go to settings, developer options, and make sure usb debbuging and allow mock locations was checked. Now it works.
    pcred2002 likes this.
  9. pcred2002

pcred2002 Member

I just finally got mine to work, it was fine until the FI27 update...I had to check the two settings Twilighter mentioned, unplugged the cable, rebooted the phone, uninstalled KIES and the samsung drivers. Reinstalled the Samsung drivers (not KIES), plugged the cable to phone, waited while system (WinXP) recognized the drivers...it's working fine now. I can see the folders on my card as well as the phone memory.