USB Mass Storage ProblemSupport

1. Taco Stand

Taco Stand New Member

Hello all...
    I have an LG Optimus S.

Via the USB connection cable, I've been able to file exchange on several different computers.

As soon as I plug it in, the little Droid-USB screen comes up and asks me if I want to turn on the USB storage.

As of this morning I plugged in to my computer, and now all it does is charge my phone. The Droid-USB screen did not come up and my computer does not list the phone as a drive.

What to do?
    Please help if you can...

Advertisement
    :
  2. Ma}{imus

Ma}{imus Well-Known Member

Did you turn on usb debugging?
  3. CarrieK

CarrieK Well-Known Member

I've forgotten to do that,too. :) To change it, go to Settings, Application Settings, Development, and make sure that USB debugging is unchecked.
  4. erikman

erikman New Member

Ya, mine used to work if debugging was on or not. It worked fine rooted too. Now, I can check the debugging icon, but nothing comes up on notifications. Also, the transfer usb stopped popping up on my phone when i plug into my laptop and my laptop does not see it at all. So, I used my custom restore, but that did nothing. I put RebornROM on it hoping that would solve it. Nothing. Please Help! I'm new, this is my first post too, so hi, I'm Erik
  5. erikman

erikman New Member

HEY! it happened to BOTH my phones now! What do I do? And on the android market it now says PdaNet is not availiable for my phone? What is happening??!?!?
  6. tracsportva

tracsportva Well-Known Member

I had to check the bugging box on my optimus, and used a brand new usb chord. It works sometimes, sometimes it doesnt. I have had to re-install the drivers and also do a hard restart/reboot on my phone after I wipe everything.

I have another 9 months with this crap on this phone. I so much want to get something different....this product is horrible especially since the update.

Anyone have an evo or epic under 100 bucks they are willing to part with? I am a teacher/coach....funds are limited :(
  7. AndyOpie150

AndyOpie150 <strong> <a href="http://androidforums.com/optimus Contributor

This is a common problem with the S,T,and V.
    Go to the USB debugging check box and as fast as you can turn off then back on the USB debugging.
    Sometimes you might have to pull cable out of phone and firmly reinsert as fast as you can. You might have to do this several times.