USB Mass Storage Stopped Working...Support

Last Updated:

1. perpetualjon

perpetualjon Active Member This Topic's Starter

*** SOLVED *** <--My last post explains what I did to resolve the problem with everyone's help...

Ok so yesterday I was able to simply plug my phone via USB cable to my Windows7-64 and see the device as a drive on the PC to transfer files. Today, that doesn't work. I can see that the phone is charging and the MTP service starts but I just can't seem to see the phone as a drive now. I've tried disabling USB Debugging and re-enabling it but to no avail. I've also tried connecting to two different PC's. I've tried the USB Utility "connect storage to PC" option but it is unresponsive. I follow the steps and nothing happens.

Anyone else having this problem or know a fix?

Advertisement
  2. touringhaggis

touringhaggis Well-Known Member

The only thing that I can suggest is that my phone does not allow access to the files stored on it when the screen is locked. As soon as I unlock the phone I can access the files just fine. If you think about it, this is actually a nice feature.

Hope this helps...

Regards,
    Eric Ritchie.

3. perpetualjon

Well it was worth a try but I'm still not able to access the files on my phone on my PC anymore...

4. mandr01d

mandr01d Member

Reload drvers

5. perpetualjon

Drivers for what? I've never needed to load drivers on a PC for a USB storage device --and this was no exception. The phone was working properly just a few days ago. Would this be drivers on the phone or PC?

6. mandr01d

mandr01d Member

Device manager.samsung device.delete.plug in phone reinstall drivers.had the same prob.worked 4 me

7. Luckieg

Luckieg New Member

On the "NOTE" you must "Unmount" the SD card first (Settings => Storage => Unmount). The back into setting => Wireless => USB Utilities => USB Mass Storage, this will put the phone is the correct mode and Twisted will wrk just fine.
    Enjoy

8. perpetualjon

I take it you mean delete the "Samsung device" in my "Device Manager" on my PC. I don't see any Samsung Device listed to delete. Thanks for the attempt though!

Tried that now with the exact same result. I have to turn off "USB Debugging Mode" as demanded to make the connection, I then plug in as requested in the "Connect storage to PC" button is selected, and absolutely nothing happens...

Thank you everyone for trying though. Maybe I just have a phone that has gone bad in the first week. This WAS working for me without any problem when I first got it.

9. perpetualjon

Ok, so as a last resort, I finally just turned the phone off and pulled the battery. I took out the SD card, re-inserted the battery, and booted it back up. I then put the phone back in "USB Debugging Mode" and connected to a PC. Worked like a charm! I don't know if all your suggestions were necessary for this to finally work but I know I tried them all and now all is good. Thanks everyone for all your help with this!!