USB Mass StorageSupport

Last Updated: 2011-01-21 03:48:40
  1. kelemvor4

kelemvor4 Member

Can anyone tell me how to "permanently" enable USB mass storage? I've got two of these phones and it doesn't stay enabled, instead when I connect to the PC, it mounts some virtual CD drive with some kind of driver install (which installing doesn't seem to do anything interesting).

Advertisement
  2. foltz61

foltz61 Well-Known Member

That menu also has a view files button (or something to that effect). That will show the files on your phone. If you cancel out of that window, you have to go to your phone to the usb notification and mount your phones mass storage. Huawei is the only manufacturer that I have ever used that has that virtual cdrom. I kind of like it. I do not believe that you can set the storage to mount automatically though. I guess it is that way because adb is disabled when mass storage is enabled.
  3. foltz61

foltz61 Well-Known Member

Unless we can modify the autorun.inf in the virtual cdrom iso to do it somehow. That iso is at /data/cdrom/autorun.iso.
  4. Jazziette

Jazziette Well-Known Member

I'm not totally sure of this but I think that when you have USB debugging checked that USB mass storage will stay on.

Have you tried that?
  5. joser116

joser116 Guest

Jazz not trying to be rude, but that's wrong. USB debugging and USB mass storage are totally different. But it is worth a try :)
  6. Jazziette

Jazziette Well-Known Member

LOL

I know they are different. But each time I have my USB debugging checked I find that USB Mass Storage is also checked. LOL

So then I have to uncheck it. That's why I suggested it.

:p
  7. kelemvor4

kelemvor4 Member

I have USB Debugging checked (the phones are both rooted).