USB mass storageSupport

Last Updated: 2010-06-07 13:22:46
  1. themascot1903

themascot1903 Member

I am wanting to use my phone with different text alerts, however,
    when trying to disable the mass storage, i am getting the following menu.

settings
    about phone
    (no disable mass storage on the menu)

then not sure how to go further to get to the root folder.

Hope anybody can help.

Advertisement
  2. Grazuncle

Grazuncle Well-Known Member

alerts and mass storage.. what is the connection?

more information?
  3. themascot1903

themascot1903 Member

I was informed that to be able to see the internal phone memory from the p c was to make the phone a mass storage device. Then I could put the mp3 file in the correct folder.

All I can do just now is see the memory card.

Do I need to root the phone?
  4. themascot1903

themascot1903 Member

I was informed that to be able to see the internal phone memory from the p c was to make the phone a mass storage device. Then I could put the mp3 file in the correct folder.

All I can do just now is see the memory card.

Do I need to root the phone?
  5. Grazuncle

you have to enable mass storage to see it on the Pc.. then you can copy to your hearts content..

in your original post you said wanting to ude the with 'different text alerts' where does that come in?
  6. themascot1903

themascot1903 Member

As mentioned in my first post there is no option to enable mass storage. Thru the phpne menu
  7. Grazuncle

when you connect the USB lead you get the USB SYMBOL APPEAR ON SCREEN OF THE PHONE.. TOP LEFT.... put you finger on it and drag down then tap USB connected; you then get option to mount the storage card for use on pc.
  8. themascot1903

themascot1903 Member

Yip done all that you. It will let me see the memory card and play about with it. However I want to use my own text tone and that cant be done thru the memory card. It has to b
    e done thru phone memory
  9. Grazuncle

all is clear now!

you need a file explorer.. download one from the Market (Icon to connect to the Market is on your phone in the sliding folder on main page of your phone)... you will then be able to see SD card and phone memory...