USB memory stickSupport

1. malinda72

malinda72 Member

Is it possible to connect G Nexus to a USB memory stick?
    If so How can I do that?

Advertisement
  2. rivera02

rivera02 Well-Known Member

As far as i know, the galaxy s3 is the only phone that can do this. I've never tried on the gnex, but i thought someone on here tried it before and it didn't work.
  3. blahblahyoutoo

blahblahyoutoo Well-Known Member

first you need the OTG adapter.
    then you need to root the phone.
    then you need to download the app that reads the USB drive (forgot the name of the app because i'm not rooted and hence cannot do this).
  4. Demache

Demache Well-Known Member

Its StickMount. It works really well. However, word of warning, you battery is going drain much faster, since the phone battery is also powering the flash drive.
  5. Idunno

Idunno Well-Known Member

im gonna try this, getting an OTG cable and usb flash drive reader from amazon. Figure its $10, worth it. I'll report back when I have results
  6. malinda72

malinda72 Member

7. degg

degg Member

8. malinda72

malinda72 Member

HOO! My Nexus not rooted hooo!!!!!!!

But I saw one app in the market "Slick USB 2 Serial Terminal" its says no rooting needed. But I dont know I can plug & play with USB memory stick with this app??
  9. malinda72

malinda72 Member

Is it your Nexus rooted?
  10. Idunno

Idunno Well-Known Member

11. blahblahyoutoo

blahblahyoutoo Well-Known Member

you probably need a file mgmt app like astro to see the file system?
    or is it handled with stickmount?
  12. malinda72

malinda72 Member

Stickmount need rooting. My Nexus not rooted. that why im looking for non rooting app
  13. Demache

You can't do it without root (at least not yet). Any particular reason why you don't want to root? Its mindblowingly easy on Nexus devices.
  14. malinda72

malinda72 Member

My Galaxy Nexus is International GSM version. How can I know is it rooted or not?
  15. Demache

Two fairly easy ways. If you have a Superuser app installed on your phone. And on the boot screen with Google in white, there is a small opened padlock at the bottom, showing your bootloader is unlocked. So there would be a very high chance you are rooted.
  16. malinda72

malinda72 Member

1st I have install Superuser app, then I have to check booting small padlock is open?
  17. Demache

18. malinda72

malinda72 Member

Please check in JB can we plug USB Memory sick without rooting?