USB "mount" option not showing up

1. cardsfan01

cardsfan01 Member

I am running fresh rom 2.02b, when i connect my USB to my computer the pull down menu only shows "USB debugging connected" and does not give me an option to Mount or unmount my SD card so i can access the "e" drive on my computer. When i go to click on the "e" drive it says "please insert a disk into drive E". If i go into settings the "Unmount SD card" is lighlighted and the "format SD Card" is grayed out. Any help on being able to access my drive "E" would be appreciated. I cannot move files between anything right now and i am stuck. Thanks in advance.

Advertisement
    :
  2. tatonka_Hero

tatonka_Hero Well-Known Member

it should also say something like "charge only" as well, and you need to select that and it'll bring up a couple of options.

If that doesn't work, there should be a setting in the phone somewhere to change it.

Also, try a different USB slot on your computer
  3. cardsfan01

cardsfan01 Member

Thank you for the quick response i appreciate it more than you know. I tried all options i tried "charge only" i tried "data only" i have "ask me first " checked and nothing. I did try a different USB slot and that didnt' work. I am trying to reboot and hopefully that works.
  4. tatonka_Hero

Menu>Settings>Connect to PC

Might have to check "ask me" for it to work, then it should ask you what to do each time you plug it in
  5. cardsfan01

cardsfan01 Member

Im sorry to waste your time i should have tried to "reboot" before posting this, i apologize. Rebooting worked. Thanks.
  6. tatonka_Hero

Haha, no problem. I've got more time to waste than you can imagine...there's a reason I have over a thousand posts...unemployment sucks.

Although, I should do my homework one of these days...but it's not due until Monday, so I've got time :p