USB mount problemsSupport

Last Updated:

1. bhappyharsha

bhappyharsha Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

When i mount the USB drive from the pull down status bar and start to copy music or movies, it start copying and within a minute, it unmounts itself. In the phone, i get to hear 2 sounds - one that comes when i disconnect the USB and again the one that connects and it says USB is connected.

I have to re-mount it manually and it is very difficult to copy big size files. I tried for about 30 mins and could not copy a 11 MB MP3 song. This is a brand new phone and the USB cable came with it. I tried 2 different USB ports and tried to hold the cable for a possible loose connection.

Regards,
    Sri Harsha.

Advertisement
  2. chronodekar

chronodekar Well-Known Member

very odd. I have no trouble copying over gigabytes of video to the phone. If your cable isn't loose, take it back to your dealer/shopkeeper and ask for a replacement.

-chronodekar

3. sgx100

sgx100 Well-Known Member

The problem is not with the cable.
    I have this problem on my desktop. Managed to get over the problem in my laptop by installing adb drivers. Its a driver issue. Try installing different versions of usb/adb drivers. One of it will work.

Or if you have an external memory inside your phone try copying to it. It works sometimes :confused:

I learnt it the hard way.

4. Lelouch

Lelouch Well-Known Member

Or use Ubuntu. :p

Seriously now, I'm using Ubuntu for file transfer. It seems that Microsoft hates free OS, Android is a competitor with Microsoft's Windows Mobile OS.

5. Mr.DNA

Mr.DNA Well-Known Member

These threads really ought to be combined. The OP just got impatient and split it, but it is the same discussion.

6. chronodekar

chronodekar Well-Known Member

I'm browsing the forum from Ubuntu right now. However, for flashing the phone, I go back to windows. Is it possible from Ubuntu? (or any Linux variant for that matter..)

Just curious.

-chronodekar

7. Mr.DNA

Mr.DNA Well-Known Member

Yep.