USB not charging

Last Updated:

1. twarden

twarden New Member This Topic's Starter

My phone was rooted with Freshrom 2.1.2 then I recently unrooted my phone with the official sprint 2.1 because I was having usb charging problems. My phone charges fine with the AC adapter, but when I plug into a usb to charge it never does... the orange light comes on and my batt. indicator says it is charging but it never does. I've checked to make sure my status indicator says "Charge Only"... any ideas why I'm not charging via usb?:confused:

Advertisement
  2. twarden

Any ideas anyone?

3. treborcj

treborcj Well-Known Member

Well first off, have you ever been able to do this. If so, what rom. If you have never been able to, have you tried a different pc. Maybe there is something wrong with the USB ports. We need more information to help.

4. twarden

I was originally running freshrom 2.0, then 2.0d and usb port worked fine. Then I went to 2.1.2 and it stopped working. Wiped phone and went to official 2.1 from sprint...still not working so I went back to fresh 2.1.2 I've tried different cords and different computers to connect. It shows to be charging the indicator is on, but I'm not getting any juice?!

5. 330D

330D From My Cold Dead Hands VIP Member

Mine barely charges through the usb. I think the voltage is really low out the usb on most pcs. If I am doing anything with data, and i am plugged into the pc, it will just maintain the batt level, not charge..

6. twarden

yeah that is what I originally thought, but I used to plug it in via usb at work and by the end of the day I had a full battery.