USB Not RecognizedSupport

Last Updated:

1. keith.edelberg

keith.edelberg Member This Topic's Starter

I have a week-old Droid 2. The USB connection was working fine. A couple of days ago, I wanted to try to send a FAX. I connected the phone to my computer and set it to PC Mode on the connection menu. The modem wasn't recognized. Ever since then, my pc won't recognize the phone. I have done battery pulls, pc reboots, driver uninstall and reinstalls. Occasionally, it will recognize the phone. I have put the phone back into mass storage mode. Any ideas. I don't know if I can return this, since it is a dealer plan phone, not from Verizon. It's not a deal-breaker, just a pain when I need to transfer photos or videos.

Advertisement
  2. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

Welcome to Android Forums, Kieth. I've moved your query to the Support area for you.

Sorry to see you're having those issues with your Droid 2.

Because there is recognition intermittently, I'm wondering if you're using a defective USB cable.

3. JDunc

JDunc Well-Known Member

Id have to say since it reads sometimes the USB cable might be the problem. Just test the USB on a different computer and if the problem continues id test a new cable.

4. keith.edelberg

keith.edelberg Member This Topic's Starter

My PC has been powered off all day. I just got home and turned it on. I have both the cable that came with the Droid 2 and a cable from my wife's Env2.
    The PC is recognizing the Droid 2 with both now. I have plugged and unplugged into a couple of USB ports and it seems to be working fine now.
    I do have a question that I haven't found an answer to:
    Can I use the Droid 2 for sending faxes? I used to use my LG Voyager to send faxes all the time. I put the Droid 2 in to PC Mode and a modem is detected but is not functional. Any ideas?
    Thank you for your help,
    Keith

5. srw462

srw462 New Member

I'm a relatively new owner of the LG Optimus S and my computer will not recognize it. I tried taking out the battery and using a different USB port but nothing is working. The phone is charging while plugged in but that's it. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Happy New Year,
    Sarah

6. Cyber_Urza

Cyber_Urza New Member

I have been using my Droid 2 for some time. This is the second time now that the USB is NOT recognized. I have tested a new cable on a new computer and get the same results. Please someone help! I depend upon tethering/charging my phone with my PC!