USB not recognizedSupport

Last Updated:

1. davistax

davistax New Member

My phone is not recognized by my computer (Windows 7 Professional) when connected to a USB port. On the phone, I am prompted to select the connection mode & choose storage device, but the computer does not see the phone. Any suggestions?

Advertisement
  2. KnightCrusader

KnightCrusader Well-Known Member

I had similar issues with some computers I've used my phone with. Some of them require you to install the Samsung drivers before they even see the phone, even just for Mass Storage.
  3. davistax

davistax New Member

The phone was previously recognized by Windows. I can't figure out what has changed that would cause it not to be recognized now.
  4. daventodd

daventodd Member

Im uploading the driver program that came on my Stratosphere ATM. Ill Edit with the dl link.

EDIT:
    SamsungDrivers
  5. p_025

p_025 Well-Known Member

If you're not already doing so, try plugging the phone into the same USB port that worked before.
  6. daventodd

daventodd Member

It may also be the USB cable that you're using. Make sure it is the cable that you got in your Stratosphere or anyother up-to-date type of USB cable.
  7. GuS807

GuS807 Active Member

+1 on trying different usb cable. I'm had problems like that before too. Switched cables and problem solved.
  8. astan

astan Member

After tapping mass storage, another screen comes up "USB connected"

Are you tapping in the "connect storage to PC" box?
  9. jaa28209

jaa28209 New Member

I am dealing with the same exact problem and was wondering if you ever found a solution.