• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help USB not working at all

A

Alexandra_spain

Hi there! I need some advice, dont kwnow what else to do..

I am unable to conect my phone to PC through USB. Mi phone is MotoG3 with Android Marshmallow.

Already tried all possible solutions:
- change cables, change pc, etc. The problem ends up being the phone. Cable is ok, PC is ok, everything works with other phones.
- Windows drivers installed, up to date and working with other phones.
- Changing USB debugging on/off, doesnt work either
- Already set USB configuration to MTP in developer options, and try all the other options.
- Removing SD card, removing battery, conecting in safe mode.
- Conecting with the phone turned off, still doenst detect usb.

When I connect the phone to PC, it charges only. No notificacion in the phone when connecting.

It's like the phone wouldn't have any USB options. USB thethering doesn't work either, and when i go to "storage and usb" in settings, only storage options appear, and nothing about USB.

Also I already have aps for wireless transfer, but i need to solve the physical USB conecction. I would really appreciate any ideas!!!

Thanks!
Alexandra

When you're plugging your phone in are you using a USB port on your PC or one that's in a USB hub? Since you listed not having a problem with other phones, just on the remote chance the integral USB driver in your G3 has some quirky issue connecting to a USB hub. Since you've already done some pretty thorough troubleshooting there's little left to pick at. Also, have you tried connecting your G3 with a different computer, possibly running a different operating system or at least version of Windows?

Reactions: Bg260
Upvote 0
Yeah, I thought the overflow menu was going to do the trick. The only thing left in my arsenal is this little program that lists all usb drivers currently installed. Sometimes an old driver will hang and there can be a jam. I put both 32 and 64 bit in there. To uninstall any suspicious drivers you have to run it as administrator. Seems like you know your way around a computer so, have at it.

Edit: There are a lot of different solutions in this thread.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/an...marshmallow-update-nexus-6-a.html#post5155889

Your problem has to be there somewhere.

Attachments

• usbdeview-x32-x64.zip
    189.1 KB · Views: 107
Last edited:
Reactions: Alexandra_spain
Upvote 0
When you're plugging your phone in are you using a USB port on your PC or one that's in a USB hub? Since you listed not having a problem with other phones, just on the remote chance the integral USB driver in your G3 has some quirky issue connecting to a USB hub. Since you've already done some pretty thorough troubleshooting there's little left to pick at. Also, have you tried connecting your G3 with a different computer, possibly running a different operating system or at least version of Windows?
Thanks for the reply! The USB hub in the PC is fine, and I tried my phone in another PC with a different Windows. Only thing i didnt try is connecting to a Mac. But it does look like a problem with USB driver in the phone

Upvote 0
Yeah, I thought the overflow menu was going to do the trick. The only thing left in my arsenal is this little program that lists all usb drivers currently installed. Sometimes an old driver will hang and there can be a jam. I put both 32 and 64 bit in there. To uninstall any suspicious drivers you have to run it as administrator. Seems like you know your way around a computer so, have at it.
thanks! i'll try it

Upvote 0
Bg260's link was the Motorola device manager correct?
Trusting you installed the Motorola device manager on to your PC,was the adb & fastboot drivers installed on your apc as well?
But still no reaction from either the device or the PC?
Try closely examining the charger port for particles cramed in there preventing the device from a full connection or for port damage.
Also try this program installation program.
http://goo.gl/DPA8E3

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones