1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

Support USB Notification Sound

1. pearlheartgtr

pearlheartgtr Well-Known Member

Is there any way I can get rid of or change the notification sound whenever I plug the usb into my phone?

I've tried changing the build.prop (persist.adb.notify=0) and all it did was remove the little USB debug icon from the notification bar. Turning off notifications completely is not a solution since I would like to know when I get text messages (it is using my text tone).

On my Intercept, it would make a little doink-doink sound, that was fine.

Advertisement

2. youve found a very annoying bug in the stock rom, probably in addition to MANY others.

custom roms like CM7 and MIUI alleviate this.

try them out.
  3. pearlheartgtr

pearlheartgtr Well-Known Member

That's the thing, I don't want to load MIUI or CM7 until more of their bugs are worked out.

4. well you can try a froyo rom. Froyocream sandwich is very nice. It would be my daily rom but I like gingerbread and CM7s features too much, it would be a horrible downgrade to use it full time.