USB only charges the Milestone BEFORE Windows bootsSupport

Last Updated:

1. cdl

cdl Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have a Milestone with Android 2.0, bought in the UK and unlocked.
    I have a desktop PC and a laptop, both running Windows 7 Pro 64 bit. If I conenct the Milestone to the desktop, it charges via usb just fine. If I connect it to the laptop, it only charges BEFORE windows boots up: the moment the log in screen appears, it stops charging. I tried installing the drivers from the CD and from the Motorola website, but to no avail. I tried switching off and on the phone several times, but nothing. The only way to charge it with the laptop is to leave the laptop in the bios screen or in the Windows boot up options screen! This seems very weird to me. Any thoughts on how I could fix this?

Thanks!

PS I can connect and charge other usb devices (Nokias, Iphones, external drives, etc).

Advertisement
  2. fejker

fejker Well-Known Member

Have you tried changing the USB connection type on your phone to "charge only"?

3. MountainDrew

MountainDrew Member

Might be a power saving feature on your laptop. Check the power settings in the control panel, see if there's a USB power saving mode you can disable. Try mounting the SD card too, it might start charging once there's a mass storage connection to the laptop.

4. cdl

cdl Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

The option "charge only" only appeared today, after I updated OTA to Android 2.1, but nothing changed.