• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

USB OTG for US Note?

vice86

Jan 17, 2011
PA/NJ/NYC
Just saw a video about the Galaxy S3 and USB OTG allowing for BT keyboards and console controls to play games. So i YouTubed and saw you can do the same for the Note.

Where do you get a USB OTG cable for the US version of the Note? Was on Amazon but a lot of 1 star reviews saying it doesn't work on phones and that it may just be for international versions.

Any suggestions?

Just saw a video about the Galaxy S3 and USB OTG allowing for BT keyboards and console controls to play games. So i YouTubed and saw you can do the same for the Note.

Where do you get a USB OTG cable for the US version of the Note? Was on Amazon but a lot of 1 star reviews saying it doesn't work on phones and that it may just be for international versions.

Any suggestions?
I ordered this cable (actually two cables). Zuweiyu(tm) Micro-b USB Host OTG Cable and Mini USB Host Cable (Otg Cable):Amazon:Computers & Accessories
So far I have only used it with a thumb drive but it works fine. I am running an ICS ROM so I can't say for sure if it works on the stock GB setup.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I'm running the U.S. version also (i717). I had ordered an OTG cable for my GSII and never got it to work. When I got my Note, I tried the same cable on it and didn't get anything. So I bought another cable (the one I linked to) and BAM! as soon as I plugged it in the phone recognized the cable. If you try a USB thumb drive with it, use a file explorer to go to /sdcard /usbstorage You should find your thumb drive there.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones